[FieldTrip] iEEG square wave 'notch' artifact

Tim Meehan timeehan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 20:32:49 CEST 2017

Dear FieldTrippers,

I have a recurring artifact in my iEEG data, a very brief (10-15 ms)
square-wave-like 'notch' that occurs intermittently and across many
channels. It also varies in polarity and amplitude, seemingly randomly.
Here's a link showing an example trial containing many of these artifacts:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4m5PGO25j3mYkVPUEI5aDZERDA

As of now I've been advised to throw out trials in which these occur, but
they are very frequent during some sessions. I wonder if alternatively
there is some way to selectively remove these? My guess is one could do
some sort of template matching to identify when they occur and interpolate
across, but I have no idea how to do that or if it's feasible. Does anyone
have any insight?

Thank you,
Tim