[FieldTrip] Coordsys problems CTF and SPM

Nicholas A. Peatfield nick.peatfield at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 01:55:27 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I'm getting into a problem wherein I have headmodel that are in SPM space
and the grads are in CTF space. I would usually keep all the headmodels in
CTF space and align based on that but for this dataset and the format of
the MRIs,POS etc... there seems to be some problems (could take longer to
explain but lets keep this brief).

So this of course leads to the issue that the grad and the headmodel within
beamformer_lcmv is misaligned by 90 degrees, which is of course not good.
Is there a quick solution that I have not come across to either convert the
headmodel to ctf or convert the grad structure to spm coordsys? When I
specify in the ft_prepare_sourcemodel I explicitly say (cfg.coordsys =
'ctf') but the outputted sourcemodel is still misaligned between the
headmodel and the grads (see attached image - oh and the lf is also
misaligned of course).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I hope that this question hasn't
come up before as I did quite a bit of google searching before sending this
email.

With Regards,

Nick

[image: Inline images 1]