[FieldTrip] Combined EEG MEG Source Reconstruction

Darren Price Darren.Price at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 16:43:36 CEST 2016

Dear Fieldtrippers

We are interested in using fieldtrip for data fusion and source reconstruction of three different types of sensors: EEG (64 Channels), MEG planar gradiometers (204), MEG magnetometers (102) (Elekta Neuromag 306 Channel). I found the following page, with a quick sample script demonstrating how to perform the forward solutions, http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/combined_eeg_and_meg_source_reconstruction. However, the page does not give much detail on the inversion part. Also, it does not mention whether fieldtrip takes care of scaling of the data or any other preprocessing steps such as pre-whitening. That post is also a couple of years old so I thought there may be some more current but undocumented way to achieve this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Darren

Dr. Darren Price
Investigator Scientist and Cam-CAN Data Manager
MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit
15 Chaucer Road
Cambridge, CB2 7EF
England