[FieldTrip] Wavelet and time-frequency plot

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 6 08:51:24 CEST 2016

Hi Bahar,

May I add to Peter’s reply that you should specify 4000, rather than 4 as resamplefs.
JM

On 05 Sep 2016, at 18:59, Bahareh Elahian (belahian) <belahian at memphis.edu<mailto:belahian at memphis.edu>> wrote:

Thanks for your complete answer.

Yes . I have one trial and 8 channels.
I have changed the code as following and I got the [freq] structure.

% Resample Data
cfg = [];
cfg.resamplefs = 4;
cfg.detrend = 'No';
cfg.trials = 'all';
[data_resam] = ft_resampledata(cfg, data1);
 %% wavelet
cfg= [];
cfg.pad = 'maxperlen';
cfg.method = 'wavelet';
cfg.output = 'pow';
cfg.toi = data_resam.time{1}(1):0.1:data_resam.time{1}(end);
cfg.foi = 0:5:500;
[freq] = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data_resam);

The problem here is that the freq.powspctrm is a 3 dimentional matrix which I beleive it should be a 2 dimensional.
The dimension is (8*100*1380).

In online tutorials, I found the other examples that the freq.powspctrm had 2 dimensional.
Do you know where is the problem (if there is any)?

Thanks!
Bahar