[FieldTrip] Wavelet and time-frequency plot

Bahareh Elahian (belahian) belahian at memphis.edu
Fri Sep 2 21:45:44 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I am asking this question again since I tried on our HPC server, and still I need more memory for computation.

Do you have any idea how can I plot my signal in time-frequency?

I wrote down the detail in my following post.

Thanks!

Bahar

Hello All,

I am trying to apply wavelet on my signal to see HFOs in time-frequency plot.

The sampling rate of my signal is 30K.

I will get an error: "

Error using fft
Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.
"

here is what I wrote according to http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_freqanalysis:

[http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/_media/logo-share.png]<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_freqanalysis>

reference:ft_freqanalysis - FieldTrip<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_freqanalysis>
www.fieldtriptoolbox.org
Note that this reference documentation is identical to the help that is displayed in MATLAB when you type "help ft_freqanalysis". FT_FREQANALYSIS performs ...

[http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/_media/logo-share.png]<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_freqanalysis>

reference:ft_freqanalysis - FieldTrip<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_freqanalysis>
www.fieldtriptoolbox.org
Note that this reference documentation is identical to the help that is displayed in MATLAB when you type "help ft_freqanalysis". FT_FREQANALYSIS performs ...

cfg= [];

cfg.pad = 'maxperlen';
cfg.method = 'wavelet';
cfg.output = 'pow';
%cfg.channel = 'chan 4';
 cfg.toi = (1:size(eeg.eeg_data,2))/Fs;
% cfg.foilim  = [80 500];
[freq] = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data1);

Do you have any idea? is it realted to my sampling rate?

Thanks!

Bahar