[FieldTrip] problems in emotiv fieldtrip and matlab

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Tue Nov 29 08:50:00 CET 2016

Dear Gao,

it seems to me that in your step 9 the emotiv2ft did not actually start properly. It prints a help message out on screen, which I think it would only do if it did could not make sense of the command line options. If you specified verbatim "emotiv2ft <config-file> [hostname=localhost [port=1972 [ctrlPort=8000]]]” then it would indeed not work. You should specify the right options in the brackets. The square [] brackets are optional, the <> brackets are required. So you should at least specify the configuration file. The defaults for the last three options (localhost, 1972 and 8000) should be ok, since you started the buffer in step 6 on the localhost with the default port (which is 1972).

best regards,
Robert