[FieldTrip] Importing Brainstorm head and source models and leftfields

François Tadel francois.tadel at mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 15 21:33:42 CET 2016

Hi Marco,

 > I have tested the Process > Sources > Fieldtrip: ft_prepare_leadfield on
 > different MEG data (always recorded from an Elekta 306 sensors
system), and
 > I get an error "cannot work on balanced gradiometer definition"

For some reason, ft_plot_sens doesn't want to get passed both the
gradiometers and the magnetometers at once.
Just run the process without the option "Display sensor/MRI
registration" and you won't get this error any more.

 > I also have a basic question on the data to put in the process: my
 > understanding is that I should feed the process with the segmented
anatomy,
 > that I identify with (for the default anatomy) the "Cortex_15002V" in the
 > anatomy tab. However, I cannot drag it to the Process window (I
understand
 > that the sensor configuration is also needed). I therefore drag in the
 > Process window any data associated with the subject. Is this correct?
Does
 > the program then automatically process the segmented anatomy?

Yes, this is what you should do: select some recordings for the subject,
and it will get the files it needs automatically from the database.
Right now, this process does the following:
- If the segmented masks produced previously with ft_volumesegment are
available (called "mask_innerskull", "mask_outerskull" and "mask_scalp")
it uses them.
- Otherwise it uses the selected volume (displayed in green), passes it
to ft_volumesegment for segmentation, then uses the segmented volumes
without storing them anywhere.
https://github.com/brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3/blob/master/toolbox/process/functions/process_ft_prepare_leadfield.m#L153

Cheers,
Francois

--
François Tadel, MSc
MEG / McConnell Brain Imaging Center / MNI / McGill University