[FieldTrip] importing Brainstorm head and source models and leftfields

Marco Buiatti marco.buiatti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:08:10 CET 2016

Dear all,

I have Jeff's same question. I have anatomies ready in Brainstorm:
segmented data imported, co-registration with MEG sensor space, computation
of head model with overlapping spheres. Now I would like to import all this
into Fieldtrip for source reconstruction of oscillatory sources (DICS).
What's the best way to do this?

And is there any difference between Brainstorm and Fieldtrip in these steps
that I should be aware of?

Jeff, did you manage to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Marco

On 16 August 2016 at 07:20, Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) <
jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> Probably this is not yet implemented. Since it is all matlab-based it
> should be pretty straightforward, once you know how the headmodel is
> represented in the Brainstorm .mat file.
> Once you have figured this out, it probably takes just a few lines of code
> in ft_read_headshape.
>
> If you have an updated version of this function, you can easily contribute
> it to the code-base for everyone’s use through git.
> How this can be done, is shown here: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/
> development/git
>
> Best,
> Jan-Mathijs
>

> On 16 Aug 2016, at 02:05, K Jeffrey Eriksen <eriksenj at ohsu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do some forward and inverse simulations using a 3-shell
> BEM, and would prefer to import my model from Brainstorm where I have
> already created it. I can find one example of importing the cortical mesh
> from Brainstorm using ft_read_headshape with the ‘matlab’ format, but I
> cannot find anything on how to import the Brainstorm BEM head model or
> leadfield.
>
> Please point me to any further information on this topic,
> -Jeff

Marco Buiatti

Neonatal Neurocognition Lab
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
University of Trento,
Piazza della Manifattura 1, 38068 Rovereto (TN), Italy
E-mail: marco.buiatti at unitn.it
Phone: +39 0464-808178
https://sites.google.com/a/unitn.it/marcobuiatti/