[FieldTrip] head model mat contains only NaN values

gj gina.joue at univr.it
Fri May 20 11:26:35 CEST 2016

Thanks for your reply, Simon.

I had plotted the segmentation and it seems to look fine (see attached),
which makes me think that it's the meshing, but I tried a slew of
methods and number of vertices but I can't get rid of the scalp planes
internal to the brain.

Any advice on what to try greatly appreciated!
Gina

 > Dear Gina,
 >
 >  I see that the "scalp" has vertices that connect planes
 > internal to the brain (see images attached).
 >
 > I guess this is the reason why you get the NaN values. BEM needs
 > nested and sufficiently distant surfaces.

 > As I don't know the quality and sequence (T1, T2?) of your MRI I
 > suggest you to look at the segmentation to be sure that this is well
done. With a good segmentation preparing the mesh is not a problem.