[FieldTrip] Combining GRADS+MAGS

Seymour, Robert (Research Student) seymourr at aston.ac.uk
Fri May 27 15:39:58 CEST 2016

Dear Fieldtrip Users,

I am using an Elekta Neuromag 306 scaner which obviously has both magnetometers and gradiometers. When performing source localisation using an LCMV beamformer I would like to use both MAGS and GRADS (i.e. use cfg.channel = 'MEG' '-badchans'). I know that there is a scaling issue between MAGS and GRADS.. so I was wondering if Fieldtrip compensates for this during leadfield creation and/or ft_sourceanalysis, and if so how?

Many thanks,

Robert Seymour (PhD Student, Aston Brain Centre)