[FieldTrip] Error in ft_hastoolbox

Conrado Bosman conrado.bosman at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:24:22 CEST 2016

Hi Robert,
Thanks! this little change solved the bug.

Best,
Conrado

On 25 May 2016, at 23:14, Robert Oostenveld <r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl<mailto:r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl>> wrote:

Hi Conrado,

that should not hapen, as the code also tells you ;-)

Could you try replacing line 539 in ft_hastoolbox from

  status = exist(full_name, 'file');

into

  status = (exist(full_name, 'file')==3);

After that you should make sure that the ft_hastoolbox copy (which is present in multipe private directories) is updated by (on your Mac) running in a terminal

fieldtrip/bin/synchronize-private.sh

the synchronize-private script runs autmatically upon each git commit, but with a manual change you sometimes have to do it by hand.

The recent change in this section of FieldTrip code was (as Cristiano mentioned) triggered by recent matlab incompatibilities in file detection, and in making it more octave compatible. But apparently we did not test all possible cases. Please let me know whether it works, I’ll then integrate it in the release version.

Best regards
Robert