[FieldTrip] Question on coherence stats at sensor level

Jörn M. Horschig jorn at artinis.com
Tue Mar 1 17:20:34 CET 2016

Hi David,

The problem is with specifying cfg.statistics = ‘diff’. the ft_xxxstats
function work by ‘eval’-ing the content of cfg.statistics. Thus, it runs
the built-in Matlab function ‘diff’, which is not defined for structs
such as FT-data variables, but only for matrices (and cells?).

I saw there is also a ft_statfun_diff, which is probably the one you
were aiming to use.  The problem is that internally, the private
function ft_getuserfun is checking first for the existence of ‘diff’,
before it even comes to considering ‘ft_statfun_diff’. Long story short,
you can most likely solve your problem by specifying ‘ft_statfun_diff’
instead of ‘diff’, and the FT guys should think about what to do with
ft_getuserfun.

All the best,

Jörn

--
Jörn M. Horschig, PhD, Software Engineer
 <http://www.artinis.com/> Artinis Medical Systems  |  +31 481 350 980