[FieldTrip] import own format (long trials)

gj gina.joue at univr.it
Wed Mar 16 19:07:42 CET 2016

Hi,

I am trying to import EEG data preprocessed and averaged in BrainVision
Analyzer. I have a 2-second segment of data per condition per subject
which corresponds to the averaged signal across all trials of each
condition for the subject.

Is the following approach correct?

Import the 4 conditions as 4 long trials (2 sec or 2000 samples with
sampling freq of 1000 Hz)
=> data.trial is a 1x4 cell array
    and each cell array contains an nchan x 2000 matrix

I am trying to fill in the other fields of the data structure to mimic
FieldTrip's raw data but I think I am having problems with
	data.sampleinfo
which, if I understand correctly, needs to be specified for long trials.

According to the wiki, this should be an array containing [startsample
endsample] to specify the position of each trial, with info for each
trial on every row. However, it doesn't seem right to have
data.sampleinfo = repmat([1 2000],4,1)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Gina