[FieldTrip] quick fix? ft_sourceplot error line 460

Hassan Aleem ha438 at georgetown.edu
Wed Mar 9 21:26:36 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a question that is possibly very easy to solve but is evading me. I
am unable to get ft_sourceplot to work. For example when I run the code:

[mri]               = ft_read_mri('MNI152_T1_0.5mm.nii');
mri.coordsys        ='MNI'

cfg                 = [];
cfg.output          = {'brain' 'scalp' 'skull'};
seg                 = ft_volumesegment(cfg, mri);
seg.anatomy         = mri.anatomy;

cfg                 = [];
cfg.funparameter    = 'brain';
*ft_sourceplot(cfg,seg)*

I get the error:

*Error using textscan*
First input can not be empty. Expected a non-empty string or a valid
file-id.

*Error in issubfield (line 44)*
t = textscan(f,'%s','delimiter','.');

*Error in ft_sourceplot (line 460)*
hasmsk = issubfield(functional, cfg.maskparameter);

This is happening regardless of what stage I use ft_sourceplot.

Thanks for your consideration!

Hassan