[FieldTrip] error in reading epoched fif files

Bushra Riaz Syeda bushra.riaz at gu.se
Thu Mar 24 13:38:07 CET 2016

Hello,
I found the problem with reading epoched fif files

This code snippet

cfg = [];

cfg.dataset = Epochfilename;

epoch1= ft_preprocessing(cfg);

was giving the following error

Error using fiff_read_epochs (line 46)

Could not find epochs data

This error was caused by this line of code (line 43 in fiff_read_epochs)

ep = fiff_dir_tree_find(meas, FIFF.FIFFB_EPOCHS);

because the returned structure ep was empty

The value of this constant FIFF.FIFFB_EPOCHS is 122 , and in meas there was no block with such id therefore ep was empty

The epoched data was in the block with the id 373

By changing line 43 in fiff_read_epochs by this
ep = fiff_dir_tree_find(meas, 373);
I am able to load the epoched data

Kind regards
Bushra Riaz