[FieldTrip] Problem with Template Model for Source Reconstruction

Paolo Belardinelli paolo.belardinelli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:25:36 CET 2016

Dear Britta,
I have been working with the bias correction of my subject's MRI these
days, and while working extremely well for some of them, some others appear
to be even worse after correction.
I don't have much experience with MRI images, so maybe the combination of
parameters that I am setting may be not optimal.
At the moment, I am playing around with the Bias correction parameter (from
extremely light to no correction) and the FWHM bias (from 30mm to 150mm).
In the original images I can see some non-uniformity in terms of contrast
and usually they look quite smooth/low frequency to me. After correction I
can observe an improvement in the MRI images themselves, but no improvement
or even worsening in terms of not covered surface in the source
localization.
Do you have any suggestion how to find some quantificable parameters to
help me out in this procedure? How can I quickly check whether the quality
of the image is enough to guarantee that the cortex is fully covered,
without going through the whole forward model production? Sometimes, even
though the grid is well positioned, I still have the aforementioned
problem.

Best wishes,

Paolo