[FieldTrip] Elements have wrong orientation or are degenerated

"Jens Klinzing, Universität Tübingen" jens.klinzing at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Mar 20 16:19:50 CET 2016

Hi Andreas,
I got the same error but it was resolved by applying ft_volumereslice to
the mri before segmentation.

This is also what they do in the FEM tutorial:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/headmodel_eeg_fem

...however I didn't do it at first because the segmentation looked fine
even without it.

Another difference between your and my code is that you directly call
ft_headmodel_simbio while I call the higher-level function
ft_prepare_headmodel but I didn't check whether that makes a difference.
I also don't know if the solution applies to your particular case
(restriction to a subvolume with two tissue types).

All the best,
Jens