[FieldTrip] Baseline correction when epoching after filtering

Snijders, T.M. (Tineke) tineke.snijders at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jun 28 16:07:18 CEST 2016

Dear Emil,

Yes, indeed you should have the prestimulus data available to baseline-correct for it.
But note that fieldtrip shifts the timing info in relation with the trigger onset.
So if you use
cfg.trialdef.prestim        = 0.5;
cfg.trialdef.poststim       = 1;
when you define your trials, then your timing information is relative to the trigger, so it will actually go from [-0.5 1.0], and you can use the 'correct' times (with regard to trigger onset) then. So you can just use [-0.5 0] as baselinewindow, and then you don't need to plot [0.5 1.5] when what you actually want to plot is [0 1.0].

If you have done the epoching in some other way, just alter data.time so it gives the 'correct' times.

Best,
Tineke