[FieldTrip] LCMV returns no time series?

Sarang S. Dalal sarang at cfin.au.dk
Wed Jun 15 16:10:57 CEST 2016

Hi Peter,

If you've used the 'lcmv' method for ft_sourceanalysis, you ought to have the time series already contained in source.avg.mom.

I've been working a lot lately on improving the LCMV functionality, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to document much yet. Especially if you are not contrasting different conditions, you might want to try these parameters:

cfg.lcmv.weightnorm   = 'nai';  % this is a new option :-)
cfg.lcmv.fixedori     = 'yes';

I also prefer to turn off reducerank, but YMMV:
cfg.lcmv.reducerank   = 'no';

Finally I've also contributed a viewer that will greatly help visualizing your virtual time series together with the MRI. You can find it in the latest distributions of FieldTrip under fieldtrip/contrib/nutmegtrip. You'll also need a full version of SPM8 in your path (the external in FieldTrip doesn't have all the necessary functions).

You?? can use it like this:

cfg = [];

cfg.mripath = '/path/to/mri/nii'  % must be in nifti (nii) format

cfg.funparameter = 'avg.mom'

% cfg.atlas = ft_read_atlas('ROI_MNI_V4.nii'); % [optional] you can get atlas labels, if your MRI and grid points are based on the MNI grid
nmt_sourceplot_spm8(cfg,ft_convert_units(source,'mm'));

Cheers,
Sarang