[FieldTrip] 9-month internship developing EEG biomarker at Roche, Basel

Joerg Hipp joerg.hipp at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:39:23 CEST 2016

Dear all,

we are offering a 9-month internship in our biomarker group at Roche,
Basel. Our group supports preclinical and clinical neuroscience projects
within Roche with various biomarker techniques including EEG/MEG, PET, MRI,
and neuropsychology. We are looking for a highly motivated person to help
develop EEG biomarkers of syndromic forms of autism spectrum disorder. The
internship additionally offers a unique opportunity to gain insights into
research in the pharmaceutical industry setting. The PhD salary and living
expenses will be compensated.

Application criteria:
- PhD student / medical student interested in exploring the
electrophysiological substrate of neurodevelopmental disorders (the
candidate should be enrolled in either a natural science PhD or medical
program at the time of the application)
- Experienced in the analysis of EEG and/or MEG data
- Strong statistical and programming skills (preferably MATLAB)
Details on the project and application – click here
<http://www.roche.com/de/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3231535030&locale=en&title=RiSE%20-%20Roche%20internship%20for%20Scientific%20Exchange%20-%20in%20Neuroscience%20Biomarkers%20(9%20months)>
Details on the RiSE program (Roche Internships for Scientific Exchange) – click
here
<http://www.roche.com/careers/switzerland/ch_your_job/students_and_graduates/ch_internships/rise_program.htm>
Overview of Roche neuroscience activities – click here
<http://www.roche.com/research_and_development/what_we_are_working_on/neuroscience.htm>

The project will be supervised by Pilar Garces
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=SPPxTgkAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate>
 and myself <https://scholar.google.ch/citations?user=oxsJ6q4AAAAJ&hl=en>.

Best wishes,

Joerg
--
Joerg Hipp, PhD
Biomarker and Experimental Medicine Leader
Email: joerg.hipp at roche.com