[FieldTrip] Error using ft_prepare_neighbours

Anne Mickan amickan1990 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:24:25 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I'm doing permutation tests, for which I wrote a script a while ago, which
worked nicely back then, but now gives me the following error when I run
the ft_prepare_neighbours function:

Error: Undefined function or variable 'hasdata'.

I'm assuming that this means that the function does not properly access the
data structure that I give it. I just don't know why and how to fix it,
given that the very same script worked about half a year ago. I have
updated my version to Matlab 2016a in the meantime, but all other things
stayed the same.

To give you a better idea, here is what my data looks like for one
participant:

Data{1}
avg: [34x600 double]
time: [1x600 double]
fsample: '500'
label: {34x1 cell}
dimord: 'chan_time'
dof: [34x600 double]
var: [34x600 double]

I have data for 21 participants.

Here is the part of the script up until the prepare neighbours function,
Correct and Incorrect being the respective datasets for my two conditions:

cfg = [];

cfg.channel   = 'all';

cfg.latency   = 'all';

cfg.parameter = 'avg';

% prepare neighbouring channels

cfg_neighb = [];

cfg_neighb.method = 'triangulation';

cfg_neighb.channel = 'all';

cfg_neighb.feedback = 'yes';

cfg_neighb.layout = 'easycapCustomMSC.mat';

cfg_neighb.neighbourdist = 0.2;

neighbours = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb, Correct{1});

I hope this is enough information to help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Anne