[FieldTrip] No trialinfo after epoching

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jun 28 14:58:27 CEST 2016

Hi Arti,

I think that this can be easily fixed. Notably, if you have a look at ft_trialfun_general, there’s a specific string-to-number conversion for eventtypes that start with ’S’, or ‘R’. This happens on line 210/211. It might be possible to come up with a generic solution, but this will result in a more or less arbitrary string-to-number mapping. The ’S’ and ‘R’ eventvalues pertain to a particular acquisition system that codes stimuli and responses as ‘Sx’, and ‘Rx’ respectively, where the ‘x’ is a user-specified value.
If you come up with a sensible generic solution I’d be more than happy to build it into the code, or you can do so yourself, and submit this to our github repository as a pull request.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs