[FieldTrip] Beamforming, "Inf" during source estimation by subject

Tate, Lindsey R. lindseyrtate at ou.edu
Tue Jun 28 10:05:47 CEST 2016

Tate, Lindsey R. has shared a?OneDrive for Business?file with you. To view it, click the link below.

<https://sooners-my.sharepoint.com/personal/lindseyrtate_ou_edu/Documents/Email%20attachments/dataFIC4.mat>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-generic_20.png]<https://sooners-my.sharepoint.com/personal/lindseyrtate_ou_edu/Documents/Email%20attachments/dataFIC4.mat>

dataFIC4.mat<https://sooners-my.sharepoint.com/personal/lindseyrtate_ou_edu/Documents/Email%20attachments/dataFIC4.mat>

Hello Fieldtrip Community,

I've been working on beamforming the MEG data collected from 16 subjects during a saccade task. This is my first time beamforming so I've been heavily relying on the tutorial.

When I collapse trials across subjects and do beamforming, I can get the ft_sourceplot commands to produce something that makes some sense. However, I need to be able to have the data separated by subject for ft_sourcestatistics. I've created structures that should work for this purpose and that look correct. However, the ".pow" from the Neural Activity Index calculation step ends up mostly "NaN" and partly "Inf" when I run the beamforming divided by subject.

Is this related to the number of trials per subject somehow (e.g., do I have too few? is there some kind of setting I need to change?)? Why is the ".pow" coming back "Inf" instead of a real number? Does anyone have suggestions for fixing this problem so that I don't get "Inf" anymore?

My code and raw data structure are attached.

Thank you,

Lindsey Tate

University of Oklahoma