[FieldTrip] Compensation for maxfilter in source analysis?

Peter Goodin pgoodin at swin.edu.au
Tue Jun 21 23:44:08 CEST 2016

Hi list,

Just wondering if there's a best practice for source analysis of neuromag maxfiltered data using fieldtrip?

Does the lead field need to be normalised to compensate for the mags / grads? If yes, zscore? Smallest eigenvalues? Something else?

Does the rank of the source analysis need to be reduced because of the lowered dimensionality of the data? As I used tsss and if it needs to be reduced, should I reduce based on individual eigenvalues (eg diagonal S from SVD) or a fixed value (~60)?

Thanks and sorry for the barrage of questions.

Peter