[FieldTrip] Why use LCMV + Hilbert envelope vs. DICS?

Peter Goodin pgoodin at swin.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 13:30:00 CEST 2016

Hi Fieldtrip list,

Please excuse a possibly silly question, but I'm hoping someone can explain what difference occurs using DICS vs. LCMV + narrow band filter + hilbert envelope + mean amplitude over time (eg. Brookes et al., 2011)? I notice the latter is the preferred method for functional connectivity using MEG, but as far as I understand it, wouldn't the two produce a comparable result? Are there occasions where one is better than the other?

Thanks,

Peter

Dr Peter Goodin,

Brain and Psychological Sciences Research Centre (BPsyC)
Swinburne University,
Hawthorn, Vic, 3122