[FieldTrip] Regression test and t-test providing almost identical results

Snijders, T.M. (Tineke) tineke.snijders at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jul 20 13:16:41 CEST 2016

Hi Baptiste,

Indeed, as Jan points out, t-test and regression are all GLM.
You wonder what happened to the condition (cond 2) that you didn't use in the t-test:
In a regression with 3 conditions, the GLM 'contrasts' would be [-1 0 1] and [1 0 -1], so the 2nd condition is coded as ''0", meaning that without the 2nd condition the regression would also give exactly the same results...

Best,
Tineke