[FieldTrip] Conte69 Atlas-Based Source Localisation

Seymour, Robert (Research Student) seymourr at aston.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 17:19:22 CEST 2016

Dear Fieldtrip Forum,

I'd just like to pick up from an old thread posted to the FT forum: https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2015-October/009682.html. Basically, I am trying to perform source localisation using regions within an atlas described on the Conte69 brain http://brainvis.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php//Caret:Atlases/Conte69_Atlas.

I have run the standard Freesurfer pipeline on my MRIs (in head co-ordinate system), converted the output to the Conte69 atlas using "freesurfer_to_fs_LR" pipeline, and finally down-sampled the mesh using the helpful instructions from the above thread, combined with MNE function: mne_setup_source_space --ico -6 .

So to my questions:

i) How do I map from the atlas vertices (on the 327684 vertex Conte69 brain) to the downsampled mesh with 4096 vertices per hemisphere? I feel it has something to do with the deformation maps...

ii) How to I align everything in the head co-ordinate system (appreciate this is a bit of a general question)?

Many thanks,

Robert Seymour (PhD Student, Aston Brain Centre)