[FieldTrip] warnings when running ft_sourceinterpolate

Maris Skujevskis icelandhouse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:30:37 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I get two warnings when running ft_sourceinterpolate after DICS beamformer
based source reconstruction. The warnings and my question come after the
pasted code section.

The code that generates the input to ft_sourceinterpolate:
%% Source analysis
    cfg                            = [ ];
    cfg.method               = 'dics';
    cfg.frequency           = 10;
    cfg.grid                     = leadfield_ft;  (leadfield_ft.leadfield
is a cell structure with non-empty cells containing matrices of size
channel count x 3 )
    cfg.keepleadfield      = 'yes';
    cfg.headmodel         = vol;
    cfg.dics.keepfilter     = 'yes';
    cfg.dics.lambda        = '5%';
    cfg.dics.fixedori        = 'yes';
    cfg.dics.keepmom    = 'no';
    cfg.dics.realfilter       = 'yes';
    source_A                  = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, trials_A);

>>source_A =
                     freq: 9.8462
                     dim: [18 21 18]
                 inside: [6804x1 logical]
             leadfield: {1x6804 cell}
                     pos: [6804x3 double]
               method: 'average'
                     avg: [1x1 struct]
                      cfg: [1x1 struct]

%% Source interpolation

cfg                             = [ ];
cfg.parameter           = 'pow';
A_int                         = ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg, source_A,
template_mri);

WARNING 1
Warning: could not determine dimord of "filter" in the following data
> In getdimord (line 541)
  In getdatfield (line 31)
  In ft_datatype_volume (line 133)
  In ft_checkdata (line 329)
  In ft_sourceinterpolate (line 160)
            freq: 9.8462
            dim: [18 21 18]
        inside: [6804x1 logical]
    leadfield: {1x6804 cell}
             cfg: [1x1 struct]
           pow: [6804x1 double]
           filter: {6804x1 cell}
  transform: [4x4 double]

WARNING 2
Warning: could not reshape freq to the expected dimensions
> In ft_datatype_volume (line 138)
  In ft_checkdata (line 329)
  In ft_sourceinterpolate (line 160)

I understand that cfg.dics.fixedori  = 'yes' reduces the dimensions of the
leadfield matrices from 3 x channel number, to 1 x channel number. Does it
mean I can safely ignore the "could not determine dimord of "filter" in the
following data" ? Or is there something wrong in the data structure that I
need to manually fix?

Warning 2 escapes me. There is a only single frequency, to what dimensions
does it need to be reshaped? Can I safely ignore this one or again, some
fixing is needed?

Thanks a lot!

Maris