[FieldTrip] difficulty in loading BCI-IV-2a dataset into fieldtrip for preprocessing

Muhammad Naveed Iqbal Qureshi mniqureshi at gist.ac.kr
Thu Jan 21 13:59:06 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using BCI competition IV dataset 2a for my experiment.

I want to preprocess it with field trip.

I have written the following code for this task.

addpath(genpath('E:\bbci_data\fieldtrip-20160118\fieldtrip-20160118'));

cd 'E:\bbci_data\BCICIV_2a_gdf\';

%% Field Trip preprocessing code

for i=1:9

file=num2str(i);

file=strcat('A0',file,'T.gdf');

cfg = [];

cfg.dataset = file ;

cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'Stimulus';

cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = {'left', 'right', 'both feet', 'tongue'};

cfg.trialdef.triallength = 8;                      % duration in seconds

cfg.trialdef.ntrials     = inf;                    % number of trials, inf
results in as many as possible

cfg.trialdef.prestim = 3;

cfg.trialdef.poststim = 6;

cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);

      cfg.bpfilter = 'yes';

      cfg.bpfreq = [0.5 100];

      cfg.bpfilttype = 'but';

      cfg.bpfiltord = 5;

      cfg.demean = 'yes';

      cfg.detrend = 'yes';

      trialdata_EO{i} = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

end

However, this code does not import the event and trigger information from
the header file of the data.

I will be highly obliged if anyone can help me in this regard.

Thank in advance.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Naveed Iqbal Qureshi