[FieldTrip] Question about least-square FIR filter

Zhaojie Yao zjyao at bu.edu
Fri Jan 8 20:31:15 CET 2016

Hi

I am trying to process my data through Hilbert transform. I am used to the EEGLAB package, so I tried to use the same filter recommended by EEGLAB, which is least-square FIR filter in fieldtrip. However, I got a warning, when running the function ft_specest_hilbert, that least-square FIR 'is not recommended for neural signals, only proceed if you know what you are doing’. I am curious why  least-square FIR is not appropriate for neural signals?

Zhaojie Yao