[FieldTrip] Cluster-based permutation test from EEGLAB

Shingo Tokimoto tokimoto at mejiro.ac.jp
Sun Jan 10 12:30:14 CET 2016

Dear Fieldtrip users,

I am trying to apply a cluster-based permutation test on my EEG data. When I try the time-frequency analysis on a channel from the command window of EEGLAB, the error message appears,  as follows.

--------------
EEGLAB error in function ft_checkconfig() at line 147:

Error: ft_checkconfig (line 147)
The field cfg.neighbours is required

This is a problem with FIELDTRIP. The Fieldtrip version you downloaded is corrupted. Please manually replace Fieldtrip with an earlier version and/or email the Fieldtrip developers so they can fix the issue.

I am running EEGLAB (eeglab13_5_4b) on Matlab 2013b. I tried Fieldtrip-lite ver. 151020 first, and replaced it with fieldtrip-20160104. However, the same message appears. It is my pleasure if anyone tell me the proper "earlier version" of Fieldtrip. I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Shingo Tokimoto, Ph.D.
in Linguistics and Psychology
Department of Foreign Languages
Mejiro University