[FieldTrip] Applying wPLI to sLORETA-derived sources?

Tzvetan Popov tzvetan.popov at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Jan 4 17:02:49 CET 2016

Dear Marta,
the applicability of connectivity metrics in FieldTrip (including wPLI) is independent of the inverse operator. So the answer is yes and no. It is appropriate if you have the single observations (i.e. epochs that you cut the data into) kept in the output of your source reconstruction analysis. I guess you have 88 source waveforms and not 88 x Ntrials time series. If this is correct wPLI or any phase metric is rather inappropriate.

Good luck,
tzvetan