[FieldTrip] (no subject)

Tzvetan Popov tzvetan.popov at uni-konstanz.de
Sun Jan 3 21:18:22 CET 2016

Dear Victoria,
the system you are working with is already equipped with two orthogonal planar gradiometer sensors. Thus you should not try to create planar gradients on the basis of the planar gradients. Yet you might want to use the magnetometers only. There you can represent the activity as if it was picked up by planar gradients. Could you please skip the planar transformation bit and redo your analysis?
FieldTrip provides three types of layouts for the Neuromag system: NM306all.lay NM306mag.lay NM306grad.lay. For example if you want to plot magnetometers only you’d specify cfg.layout = 'neuromag306mag.lay’; cfg.channel = 'MEG*1’; Here MEG*1 refers to magnetometers and MEG*2 and MEG*3 would be the two orthogonal planar gradients respectively. Also the neighbours are provided as neuromag306cmb_neighb.mat; neuromag306mag_neighb.mat; neuromag306planar_neighb.mat;. You might consider loading the structure of your choice directly.
Here is an example tutorial that might help: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/natmeg/timefrequency
Good luck,
tzvetan