[FieldTrip] Global field power

Herring, J.D. (Jim) j.herring at donders.ru.nl
Wed Feb 24 10:32:17 CET 2016

Dear Irene,

If your research question is whether there is a difference in global mean field power between conditions I would approach this in the same way as if you would want to investigate a difference in ERF/ERPs between conditions. You would therefore first calculate the time-locked averages for both conditions for each participant separately, as you did. The you would calculate the global mean field power using ft_globalmeanfield for both conditions, for each participant. If I’m not mistaken you can calculate the group average using ft_timelockgrandaverage. You could test the difference between conditions using dependent samples t-tests (perhaps cluster corrected over time) using ft_timelockstatistics.

Best,

Jim