[FieldTrip] Align electrods to headmodel with method 'interactiv'

Steinmann, Iris iris.steinmann at med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Feb 17 15:58:39 CET 2016

Hi Debora,

I tried to do so before, but I ended up with the following error:

Do you want to change the anatomical labels for the axes [Y, n]? Y
What is the anatomical label for the positive X-axis [r, l, a, p, s, i]? r
What is the anatomical label for the positive Y-axis [r, l, a, p, s, i]? a
What is the anatomical label for the positive Z-axis [r, l, a, p, s, i]? s
Is the origin of the coordinate system at the a(nterior commissure), i(nterauricular), n(ot a landmark)? n
Undefined function or variable 'template'.

Error in ft_electroderealign (line 244)
  for j=1:length(template)
Error in eeg_beamforming (line 107)
    elec_aligned = ft_electroderealign(cfg);

I prepared now a template following this instruction: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/align_eeg_electrode_positions_to_bem_headmodel
In this example the template is only used for  the cfg.method = ‘fiducial’ but not for the ‘interactiv’ option.
Anyhow I additionally specified the template together with the ‘interactiv’ method like this:

cfg = [];
cfg.method    = 'interactive';
cfg.elec      = elec;
cfg.headshape = vol.bnd(1);