[FieldTrip] MEG sensors statistics

Harris, Elana Elana.Harris at cchmc.org
Mon Feb 29 21:20:17 CET 2016

Dear All,

I have the minimum, maximum and mean alpha power for each MEG sensor (found using MEGProcessor developed by Jing Xiang, MD, PhD) for 16 subjects, 8 of whom have a psychiatric condition and 8 are healthy comparison subjects.

We find statistical significance when comparing the set all of the MLF or MRO sensors, for instance, between the groups (healthy and pathological), however, I am wondering if this is false statistical power as all of the sensors likely represent once source generator and not truly, multiple, separate, non-independent recordings. Would it be best to summarize each subject’s data with one number to represent the maximum alpha power for the group of MLF sensors and then compare the two groups of subjects?

I welcome your advice.

Thank you.

Elana

Elana Harris, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor
Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center