[FieldTrip] Job Offer in Madrid

José Ángel Pineda joseangel.pineda at ctb.upm.es
Sat Feb 20 12:32:02 CET 2016

We are pleased to offer a 2-year post-doctoral position at the Reina Sofia
Foundation Alzheimer's Disease Centre in Madrid, Spain.

The successful applicant will be involved in neuroimaging analyses of a
5-year longitudinal study (currently in year 4) of 1200 healthy elderly
individuals (aged 70-85) to determine neuronal markers in the healthy state
which predict subsequent development of mild cognitive impairment and
dementia.

In addition, the Reina Sofia Alzheimer's Centre offers:

- A research-dedicated MRI facility attached to a 140-bed residence for
patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- A brain-bank providing post-mortem histopathological confirmation of
dementia diagnosis for patients scanned pre-mortem.
- Ex-vivo MRI scanning.

A strong background in neuroimaging techniques is required. Applicants must
have a PhD in neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, biomedical engineering,
neuropsychology or related field. Experience in dementia research is a
plus. Spanish language skills are NOT required.

Competitive annual salary depending on experience.

SUBMISSION
Interested candidates should send CV and a cover letter (including contact
details of 2 referees), to the following email address: bryan.strange at upm.es

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
March 4, 2016

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.