[FieldTrip] Problem with Template Model for Source Reconstruction

Paolo Belardinelli paolo.belardinelli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:20:35 CET 2016

Dear Fieldtrippers,
we are encountering a problem with a template model for source
reconstruction. In particular, we are warping (non linearly) a template
grid to the individual subject's MRI.
Doing that, it appears that the very top of the brain is not fully covered
by dipole locations.
We found that this issue has been already reported:

 http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/template/sourcemodel

Apparently, since March 7th 2013, this issue has been fixed.
However we are using August 28th 2015 Fieldtrip version and we are still
dealing with the same issue.
Any suggestions?
Here are our code lines:

cfg = [];
cfg.grid.warpmni = 'yes';
cfg.resolution = 6; % resolution of the template grid in mm
cfg.grid.nonlinear = 'yes'; % use non linear normalization
cfg.mri = mri_spm; % use subject's mri in mni coordinates
cfg.grid.unit = 'mm';
sourcemodel = ft_prepare_sourcemodel(cfg);

Thank you in advance.

Paolo

Paolo Belardinelli, PhD
Neurology Department