[FieldTrip] CTF data, marker and class files

Stephen Politzer-Ahles stephen.politzer-ahles at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 12:09:55 CET 2016

Hello Jose,

Does it work differently if you use ft_definetrial and ft_preprocessing?
ft_read_event is a low-level function, it should be possible to read your
data without using it, and just using ft_definetrial plus ft_preprocessing.

I don't remember off the top of my head whether ft_definetrial was able to
find the BAD events in the classfile. If you don't find a better way to
deal with this issue, another way around would be to just read all your
events with ft_definetrial, and write some MATLAB code to read the
classfile directly, identify the indices of the bad trials, and remove
those rows from the trial definition (or remove them at some later time,
e.g., to keep them in the trial definition so they do get read, but then
not include those trials in your timelockanalysis later on).

best,
Steve

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Oxford
Language and Brain Lab
Faculty of Linguistics, Phonetics & Philology
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~cpgl0080/