[FieldTrip] Neuromag306 planar neighbourhood structure

Lev Tankelevitch lev.tankelevitch at some.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 11:18:28 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to use ft_channelrepair to interpolate some bad gradiometers in my data that Maxfilter has not fixed very well. However, the neuromag306planar_neighb.mat structure includes both latitude and longitude grads as neighbours for each grad, whereas I'd like to use only e.g., latitude grads for interpolation of other latitude grads, and not mix them together. I wanted to create separate neighbor structures for each grad type, but Elekta has (for whatever reason!) inconsistently named each grad type with a 2 or 3 (e.g., a grad ending in 2 can be either latitude or longitude depending on its location), so there's no easy way to discriminate them. I was wondering whether anyone has already created these separate grad neighbour structures so I don't have to manually check each channel to see which grad is latitude and longitude? Or is there a list of which grads are which?

Also, are there any reasons why I shouldn't be doing this kind of interpolation on the grads at all?

Thanks for your help,

Lev