[FieldTrip] define trials from multiple datasets

Max Cantor Max.Cantor at Colorado.EDU
Thu Feb 11 01:52:30 CET 2016

Hi Arjen,

I had a feeling it would involve creating my own trial function, which is
something I've never done but have looked over in the past, so I'll give
that a shot, thanks!

As for your suggested loop... I had tried something almost like that,
except preprocessing the data first and then using ft_redefinetrial, and
then concatenating them all with ft_appenddata. However, What I ended up
realizing was that the .trl array was only being retained from one of the 8
sessions, which was creating problems with artifact rejection since the
artifact rejection functions use the sample points from .trl. Are you
suggesting that if I had used ft_definetrial and then that configuration in
ft_preprocessing, rather than what I did, that it would have concatenated
.trl for all sessions? If this is not the case, and either way should work,
maybe I did something else wrong, or misdiagnosed the problem altogether...