[FieldTrip] Postdoc and PhD opportunities in Auditory Neuroscience in Hong Kong

Jan Schnupp jan.schnupp at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 11:24:47 CET 2016

One postdoctoral position and two PhD graduate studentships in
auditory neuroscience
are available from June 2016 in a new research group set up by Prof. Jan
Schnupp at the City University of Hong Kong. Our lab will use
electrophysiological and psychoacoustic techniques to study neural
mechanisms of auditory perception in humans and rats. Experiments studying
plastic changes in the central auditory pathway following cochlear implant
stimulation are also planned.

Hong Kong is an exceptionally vibrant and exciting place to live and work.

Key techniques in our research include the digital processing of
electrophysiological and acoustic signals, as well as automating the
behavioral psychoacoustic testing of experimental animals. We are therefore
particularly interested in candidates with a background, or at least an
interest, in computer programming, computational and or statistical
modelling, and perhaps a little electronics. Experience in animal handling,
small animal surgery and electrophysiological recordings would also be
desirable.

Interested parties please contact jan_hk at schnupp.net

--
Prof Jan Schnupp