[FieldTrip] time-frequeny analysis task vs resting

Lorena Santamaria Covarrubias lorenalsc at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 02:37:06 CET 2016

Good morning,

I am new in this topic and I have a basic question about baseline correction (ft_freqbaseline) when I am trying to study the time frequency analysis of task versus resting period.

I have two data-sets, one with the tasks information, 64 channels x 1s epoch x 100 trials (50 trials task1 and 50 trials task2)  and then 5 minutes of continuous recording for resting state.

I obtained the power spectrum for both tasks:

cfg              = [];
cfg.output = 'pow';
cfg.method  = 'tfr';
cfg.foi          =  8:1:130;
cfg.toi          =  0.3:0.01:1.3;
cfg.keeptrials   = 'no';

cfg.trials = find(epoch_data.trialinfo == 1);
Task1Spec= ft_freqanalysis(cfg,epoch_data);

cfg.trials = find(epoch_data.trialinfo == 2);
Task2Spec = ft_freqanalysis(cfg,epoch_data);

But now I don't know how to do the baseline correction with the 5 minutes continuous data to can compare the power spectrum of both tasks in relation to the resting state.

Maybe I missing something pretty basic, apologies in advance for it if this is the case.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!!