[FieldTrip] Fwd:

Cristiano Micheli michelic72 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:00:09 CET 2016

Dear List

I recently got slowed down by a tedious problem regarding the compatibility
of world coordinates of volumetric MRI images with different number of
voxels.
Say image1 (in FieldTrip format) contains a /dim/ field of dimensions [256
256 180] and image2 is a resliced version of image1 with dimensions [256
256 256] to make it Freesurfer compatible. Both Image1 and Image2 are
defined according to the RAS conventions, although they have different
voxel orders in the 3D image box.

I need to coregister world coordinates (in mm) between the image1 and
image2 spaces. However a multiplication of image2 coordinates by the
transformation matrices in this form

M = image1.transform/image2.transform

would not correctly convert world-coordinate points from the system of
reference defined in the space of image2 to the space of image1. I think
this is due to the different number of voxels in the two volumes.

Did anyone else stumble across this problem before and found a solution ?

Cheers,
Cris