[FieldTrip] Extracting virtual EEG channel from a atlas based ROI

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:44:13 CEST 2016

Hi Gabriel,

have you tried using a grid with the exact same dimensions as the MRI, i.e.:

%% Set the start and End of the x,y,z axis
vox1 = mri.transform*[mri.dim,1]'; % start
vox1 = vox1(1:3)/10; % convert to mm
vox2 = mri.transform*[1,1,1,1]';   %end
vox2 = vox2(1:3)/10; % convert to mm

%% Choose the Minima
vox_min = min([vox1,vox2]')';
vox_max = max([vox1,vox2]')';

%% Set the spacing
vox_delta = abs(mri.transform*[1,1,1,1]'-mri.transform*[2,2,2,1]');
vox_delta = vox_delta(1:3)/10; % convert to mm
RES = vox_delta(1);

and then use:

cfg.grid.xgrid = vox_min(1):RES:vox_max(1);
cfg.grid.ygrid = vox_min(2):RES:vox_max(2);
cfg.grid.zgrid = vox_min(3):RES:vox_max(3);

Good luck,

Julian