[FieldTrip] Localizing sources using beamformer techniques web tutorial

K Jeffrey Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Fri Aug 26 23:54:09 CEST 2016

Jan-Mathijs,

Your path suggestion got me going, thanks. I then encountered some other errors as I went further along in the tutorial. The one that stopped me was the last listed below, #5. I do not know if I have the folders and files set up right, so have included a screenshot of how they appear on my computer. In particular it seems that SubjectSEF.ds appears to be a folder at some times, and a file at others.

-Jeff

1.	cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);	->

Warning: no trialfun was specified, using ft_trialfun_general
> In ft_definetrial (line 138)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 13)
evaluating trialfunction 'ft_trialfun_general'
reading the events from 'E:\Staff\Jeff\Jeff_Matlab\FieldTrip_KJE\data\SubjectSEF\SubjectSEF.ds\SubjectSEF.res4'
found 7826 events
created 204 trials
the call to "ft_definetrial" took 8 seconds

2.	cfg.neighbours      = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg, timelock);	-> clicking on sensor did NOT show its label

3.	timelock_planar     = ft_megplanar(cfg, timelock);	->

the input is timelock data with 274 channels and 360 timebins
Warning: the trial definition in the configuration is inconsistent with the
actual data
> In ft_warning (line 184)
  In fixsampleinfo (line 68)
  In ft_datatype_raw (line 175)
  In ft_checkdata (line 362)
  In ft_megplanar (line 98)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 49)
Warning: reconstructing sampleinfo by assuming that the trials are
consecutive segments of a continuous recording
> In ft_warning (line 184)
  In fixsampleinfo (line 79)
  In ft_datatype_raw (line 175)
  In ft_checkdata (line 362)
  In ft_megplanar (line 98)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 49)
the call to "ft_selectdata" took 0 seconds
average number of neighbours is 7.35
minimum distance between neighbours is   2.00 cm
maximum distance between gradiometers is   4.41 cm
Warning: copying input chanunit to montage
> In ft_apply_montage (line 120)
  In ft_megplanar (line 325)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 49)
the call to "ft_megplanar" took 2 seconds

4.	vol                = ft_prepare_headmodel(cfg, seg);	->

Warning: please specify cfg.method='projectmesh', 'iso2mesh' or
'isosurface'
> In ft_prepare_mesh (line 138)
  In ft_prepare_headmodel (line 348)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 80)
Warning: using 'projectmesh' as default
> In ft_prepare_mesh (line 139)
  In ft_prepare_headmodel (line 348)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 80)
triangulating the outer boundary of compartment 1 (brain) with 3000 vertices
the call to "ft_prepare_mesh" took 4 seconds
the call to "ft_prepare_headmodel" took 4 seconds

5.	hdr                 = ft_read_header('SubjectSEF.ds');	->

Warning: could not determine filetype of SubjectSEF.ds
> In ft_filetype (line 1294)
  In ft_read_header (line 159)
  In fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 84)
Error using ft_read_header (line 2248)
unsupported header format "unknown"

Error in fieldtrip_test_lcmv (line 84)
hdr                 = ft_read_header('SubjectSEF.ds');

Message: 2