[FieldTrip] Unit error using ft_topoplotTFR.m

Reid, A.T. (Andrew) A.Reid at psych.ru.nl
Fri Apr 29 14:01:38 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to do a simple topo plot of some time-locked HCP data. Running ft_multiplotTFR on the TFR output structure works fine.

When I run ft_topoplotTFR on the same structure, I get the following error:

creating layout from data.grad
undoing the invcomp balancing for the gradiometer definition

Error using ft_scalingfactor (line 181)
cannot convert T to unknown

Error in ft_scalingfactor (line 94)
 factor = cellfun(@ft_scalingfactor, old(:), new(:));

Error in ft_apply_montage (line 309)
 scale = ft_scalingfactor(input.chanunit, montage.chanunitorg);

Error in undobalancing (line 37)
   sens = ft_apply_montage(sens, sens.balance.(sens.balance.current), 'inverse', 'yes', 'keepunused', 'yes', 'warning', 'no');

Error in ft_prepare_layout>sens2lay (line 957)
   sens = undobalancing(sens);

Error in ft_prepare_layout (line 430)
 layout = sens2lay(data.grad, cfg.rotate, cfg.projection, cfg.style, cfg.overlap);

Error in ft_topoplotTFR (line 192)
cfg.layout = ft_prepare_layout(cfg, varargin{:});

The data.grad.balance.invcomp.chanunitnew cell array appears to be the culprit, as it contains “unknown” while the main data.chanunit has unit “T”. Not sure how to proceed here..

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew Reid
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Cognitive Artificial Intelligence
Radboud University Nijmegen
Web: http://andrew.modelgui.org/
Tel: +31 (0)24 36 55931