[FieldTrip] ft_sourceinterpolate and ft_sourcestatistics outputs

Dewispelaere, William B WILLIAM.DEWISPELAERE at UCDENVER.EDU
Fri Apr 22 18:27:11 CEST 2016

Hey all,

I have a few questions about the  output that results from ft_sourceinterpolate and ft_sourcestatistics. For some background, I ran ft_sourcestatistics on un-interpolated data in order to save some memory space. I then interpolated this stat output onto my realigned and resliced anatomical MRI. Everything looks alright, I just want to know:

1) Positive vs negative clusters - I'm assuming positive clusters are where condition 1 (as defined in the design matrix) is greater than condition 2 (I only have 2 conditions). Correct me if I'm wrong!

2) The 'prob' field - Before I interpolate my ft_sourcestatistics output, the 'prob' field contains the p-values for each voxel. After interpolation, I'm not sure what the 'prob' field is, since the values range from above 1 to below -1. If someone could clarify the meaning of these values, that would make my day.

Thanks!

Will