[FieldTrip] Aligning electrodes to template head model

Helen Wieffering helen.wieffering at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:46:41 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I have a quick question on aligning electrodes to the standard_bem
headmodel, which I downloaded from the FT server.

Namely, are the standard_mri and the standard_bem in the same coordinate
system? I assumed this would be so, since one was developed from the other.
But when I try to align my electrodes to the standard_bem volume using
fiducial positions from the standard_mri, I get very strange results:
(image below and attached)

[image: Inline image 1]

I'm using a GSN HydroCel 128 Cap, and my elec structure contains the
fiducial positions relative to the electrodes.
I've been following the tutorial at
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/headmodel_eeg and would like to
follow the steps under 'Automatic Alignment', but as I said: pulling the
fiducial positions from the standard_mri seems to not work with the
tutorial steps.

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!

Helen Wieffering
Bowdoin College