[FieldTrip] citation sources for ica analysis

David Groppe david.m.groppe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:22:40 CEST 2015

Hi Russ,
   If you want to be more specific, this is first published application of
ICA to EEG data (and it turns out to be from the group that went on to make
EEGLAB):

Makeig, S., Bell, A. J., Jung, T.-P., & Sejnowski, T. J. (1996).
Independent component analysis of electroencephal- ographic data. In D.
Touretzky, M. Mozer & M. Hasselmo (Eds.), Advances in Neural Information
Processing Systems 8 (pp. 145-151). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.

And I believe this is the first published use of ICA for EEG artifact
correction:

Jung, T.-P., Makeig, S., Humphries, C., Lee, T. W., McKeown, M. J.,
Iragui, V. J., et al. (2000). Removing electroencephalographic artifacts
by blind source separation. Psychophysiology, 37(2), 163-178.

cheers,
    -David